Too many parties, too many sleepovers can make your bachelor pad look ransacked more often than not.
And can be embarrassing if you are hosting your boss or, most importantly, a girl, over. Agreed, you are a bachelor, but that doesn’t give you the excuse of leading an unorganized life.
There are always ways to make small space living not only livable, but practical and stylish too.
1. A daybed is a perfect solution for a bachelor’s pad – camouflaged as a sofa with stylish pillows and finished off with a storage ottoman/coffee table, no one will know it is transformed into your bed at night.
2. A small, round table can act as an end table and breakfast area. Placed beside the daybed with a few books and a pretty lamp, it works as a night table, and flanked with pretty bistro chairs it becomes a dining table.
3. Furniture should be large scale and comfortable. Be smart with storage cabinets, use closets or walk-ins in bedroom.
4. Keeping a mini bar in the bachelor’s room is a very good option for youngsters.
5. One espresso coffee maker to readily offer coffee to your guests is a must. Kitchen should be easy-to-use and maintain, yet smart in look.
6. Following the minimalist theme; simple chairs, stripped of prints and details are really the way to go.
7. A classy beautiful lamp should be placed that provides ambient lighting; as for style, opt for something simple like a steel standing lamp or something trendy, like a lamp with natural paper or even linen shade.
8. Adding a trendy CD or a magazine rack to your bedroom will make your collections look more organised. Use bookshelves in case you are an ardent reader.
9. Trendy media console for gaming and watching movies on your LED/LCDs when friends come over.
10. A trendy art work is a smart way to decorate the bachelor pad.